In the world of design and project planning, collaboration is the cornerstone of success. At Kay-Twelve, we firmly believe that the most significant contribution you can make towards ensuring your project's success is to engage in a Guided Collaboration Workshop with our team. In this blog post, we'll explore the importance of such workshops and how they play an integral role in our process. What's even better? It's a free resource when you work with us.
I. Project Vision:
In the early stages of any project, having a clear vision is paramount. A well-defined vision can impact a student's progress by up to 25%, either positively or negatively. At Kay-Twelve, our Guided Collaboration Workshop serves as the perfect platform to align your physical learning environment with your instructional goals.
During this workshop, we facilitate guided conversations and present various visual concepts for your consideration. Our process has consistently yielded success across numerous projects. By aligning your vision with our process, we can work together to ensure your project's success. We understand that each project is unique, and we can adapt to your timeline, helping you achieve your goals effectively and efficiently.
II. Timeline Alignment:
Timeline Alignment is a huge key to success and each project comes with its own unique timeline. That's why, during your Guided Collaboration Workshop, we go the extra mile to ensure timeline alignment. We'll highlight key milestones along our process and align our calendar with your project timeline. This flexibility ensures that your project progresses smoothly and stays on track from start to finish.
III. Budget Considerations:
Budget considerations are often a significant concern in any project, particularly in the educational sector where resources can be limited. Whether you're embarking on a new construction, a major renovation, or a simple refresh of furnishings, we can provide detailed cost estimates tailored to your project's specific needs.
Our experts will model cost estimates based on various factors, including cost per student and the percentage of the total project cost. This comprehensive approach ensures that your budget aligns with your project's scope and vision.
Our Process at Kay-Twelve:
Our Guided Collaboration Workshop is an integral part of our Kay-Twelve process. Here's how it fits into our overall approach:
Step 1: Collaborate (24-36 Months Prior to Opening)
- Identify the key team members involved, including curriculum, operations, technology, administration, teachers, and even students.
- Engage in a Guided Collaboration Workshop to align everyone's vision for the final learning space.
- Receive initial plans, drawings, and budgetary pricing options.
- Evaluate all options, which may include visits to existing schools, pilot spaces, and manufacturing tours.
Step 2: Customize (6-9 Months Prior to Opening)
- Develop a customized game plan based on your unique goals.
- Review and revise plans based on feedback, providing high-quality renderings for your staff and community to review.
- Finalize all details, including quantities, colors, and fabrics.
- Initiate furniture production and create installation documents.
Step 3: Create (1-3 Months Before and After Opening)
- Conduct a pre-installation walkthrough.
- Complete the installation process and conduct a final inspection.
- Provide initial staff training.
- Celebrate the opening day with your new and improved learning environment.
- Offer follow-up training and professional development for staff.
- Showcase your school with high-quality images and videos to the community.
In summary, a Guided Collaboration Workshop is a crucial step in the success of any project. It ensures alignment of vision, effective budgeting, and a clear roadmap to achieve your goals. At Kay-Twelve, we offer this invaluable resource as a part of our process, at no additional cost when you work with us. We believe that collaboration is key, and we're committed to helping you create engaging and collaborative environments for your school.
The easiest way to get started is to schedule a one-on-one consultation session with your local Kay-Twelve Educational Design Specialist. This initial consultation will help set the stage for your project, and from there, we'll work together to get your Guided Collaboration Workshop on the schedule with all your main key stakeholders for the project, including but not limited to:
- School Principal or Assistant Principal.
- District Operations or Purchasing Leader.
- District Curriculum Leader.
- District Technology Administration.
- District Superintendent.
- Architecture / Design Partner.
- Teacher Representatives.
- Student Perspectives.
Contact us today to initiate this collaborative journey towards creating a better learning environment for your school.