While students may only be 20%-25% of our population today, they are 100% of our future. That is why education is one of the most important investments a country can make and the sole purpose for the existence of the Better Learning Podcast.
The Better Learning Podcast brings on valued guests that talk about ways we can improve education for our kids. Because after all, they are 100% of our future!
February 7, 2024
- The education sector in Western Pennsylvania faces challenges due to funding shortages and outdated school facilities.
- Innovative design concepts, such as small learning communities and outdoor spaces, can enhance the learning experience.
- Collaboration between architects and educators is crucial to create effective and inspiring learning environments.
- Furniture plays a significant role in educational spaces and should be carefully considered to support learning and engagement. The podcast started as a way to continue conversations with educators and share practical experiences.
- The podcast became involved with A4LE as a way to support the community and have meaningful conversations.
- The podcast's unique position allows for discussions with architects and interior designers who deeply care about education.
Matt Hansen joined IKM in 2005 and has spearheaded the firm’s efforts in growing its K-12 education portfolio. He has successfully managed over $230 million of project cost in the market sector. As the Educational Practice Leader, Mr. Hansen is responsible for leading and facilitating IKM's planning and visioning process and helping clients research and identify their facility needs. Matt is a gifted designer who employs an energetic, collaborative approach that places research-driven concepts at the forefront of his work.
Listen on YouTube: https://youtu.be/ZbVybm9-qHo
Learn more about Matt Hansen:
Learn more about creating better learning environments at www.Kay-Twelve.com.
Kevin Stoller is the host of the Better Learning Podcast and Co-Founder of Kay-Twelve, a national leader for educational furniture. Find out more about Kevin at https://www.linkedin.com/in/kevinstoller/.
For more episodes of the Better Learning Podcast, visit https://www.betterlearningpodcast.com/
Episode 164 of the Better Learning Podcast
Kevin Stoller is the host of the Better Learning Podcast and Co-Founder of Kay-Twelve, a national leader for educational furniture. Learn more about creating better learning environments at www.Kay-Twelve.com.
Who made this episode possible?
Association for Learning Environments (A4LE) - https://www.a4le.org/
Education Leaders' Organization - https://www.ed-leaders.org/
Second Class Foundation - https://secondclassfoundation.org/
If you are interested in being on the show or know someone who would be a great guest, please visit the Better Learning Podcast website.